Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Restless Mind

Restless, like always.



Exhausted and still seeking more growth, more challenges, new and different opportunities. Sometimes, I wish I could just hold still and be content. Be one of these people happy with just enjoying the present moment and absorbing it all.

Instead, I am 5 months pregnant (with a toddler at home) and yet I am always looking at ways to enhance my current career (perhaps even redefine my path), be more philanthropic, pursue education and experience in marketing/social media and press further into God.

Is this normal? If so, why is it that people keep telling me I am doing too much…trying to hard? Shouldn’t I be able to have it all - the kids, the husband, the career, the social life. That’s the American dream isn’t it?

And what if I quit trying? Will I miss the big destiny that I was born to fulfill? I can’t help be feel like there is something I was specifically created to accomplish. Like I have a unique set of talents that is needed to make the world better…but for the life of me, I can’t seem to figure out where my focus should be.

As I said, I am restless….either that, or just hormonal. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment